Friday, September 10, 2010

Christian in the City: My Semester in the Big Apple

When I told one of my dear work teammates that I would be spending a semester in New York City working with inner city kids,  her response was: "Wow, it'll be just like 'Sex in the City'.  Well, not exactly ... there won't be any sex in my city.  But this lone star state girl is spending the next 3 & 1/2 months learning the ins and outs of inner city ministry. 

I'm interning with a ministry that has been impacting New York's least of these for the last 30 years.  I'm honored that I get to be the sponge that absorbs some of this goodness!

WELCOME!!!!!  You've found my very 1st blog : )  Do you know me well and wanna keep up with this crazy God journey or did you just stumble here by mistake?  Either way, you are more than welcome to be apart of what God is doing in my life.  I'll try to keep posts short and include fun pics and in return I'm asking for prayers.  Pray for the work God is doing in me and in this city.  Pray that I'll learn really good stuff and have God ideas to take back to my community.  Pray that a country girl like me will get used to subway being more than a sandwich shop!

4 comments:

  1. I know God has big things in store for you as you minister to these children. I pray they too will become sponges and soak up God's goodness. I am excited to follow you on this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as you know, i'm suuuuper jealous that you get to go live my dream internship, but I got married, so thats a good trade-off I suppose! haha crystal I love you and your heart for ministry, and I seriously hope that you'll still be in NYC when I finally get a chance to go up there and we will be the best freaking ministry team the world ever saw :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carissa and I are looking forward to hearing of your adventures and are praying for you - for devine appointments, for strong Angels to surround you and for provision for all your needs! Love Ya, DJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of you! Thank God for laborers that are willing to reach out and share the love of Jesus with others. Our youth is in desperate need of positive leaders and mentors but unfortunately we allow the world to be that for them. I will pray for you every day and if you need anything just call. Looking forward to following your blog! Love you Crystal!

    ReplyDelete